Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Maternity Clothes

This week I have searched for nice maternity wear. What I really want is a couple of jumpers - something that can keep me warm without riding up the bump! So I went to H&M in Oxford Street - no maternity section. Next Oxford St - no maternity section. I couldn't believe it - only 4 London H&M's stock their maternity range.

Anyway, yesterday I went to Topshop Oxford Circus, where they now actually have a whole seperate floor for their maternity stuff which I was very impressed with, it's very calm up there! They had no jumpers, but I did get two lovely pairs of jeans - Mooch & Duke. Mooch are baggy in the leg, and Duke are tight on the leg, so could wear a nice top with them and wear them out-out too. I got a plain white t-shirt which is long and tight (all my other tops ride!), and it does accentuate my bump I think! I also got a white tube top which is like a book tube but you wear it on your tummy under a normal t-shirt so it looks like you've just got a white top on underneath, giving a layered look. Very handy, and only £5!

On the the tube on the way home, I had to go one stop, so was standing up... there was a lady with a big bag, and it was getting kinda cramped, a man noticed and said "be careful, I think this lady's pregnant"! So she got out of my way. He had his iPod on, so he shouted it, but it made me smile that a stranger had noticed my lickle prawn!

Oooh I nearly forgot, we got "Cool Names For Babies" the book on the weekend, everything was a bit too cool though or horrid! Like Snoop Dogg, Margaret etc etc. We're sorted for a girl, but a boy is what we're having trouble with. I suppose we have long enough to think!



No comments: