Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Triple Test

This morning, I went to the hospital to have the triple test done. It's basically just a blood test, which tells you your risks of your baby being born with spina bifida or down syndrome. Both Jack and I are young and healthy, so not worried, but had it done for peace of mind really. The reason the midwife couldn't take the blood last week was because the test has to be done from 16-18 weeks, and I was only 15+5 when she saw me.

Nothing really exciting to tell about it - blood was taken into one vial, then I had to take it to the ante-natal unit so the courier can pick it up this afternoon to take it away to be tested. We will be contacted within the next few days if there are any problems, but if all is ok we will get a routine letter letting us know our odds.

I went via H&M in Marble Arch on my way into work, they have a big maternity section there but all the things I liked were only in L or XL so came away empty handed.

Nothing much else to report on. Oooh I've subscribed to Pregnancy & Birth magazine for 6 months - it's a great read!

No comments: