Thursday, April 06, 2006

30 Weeks Pregnant!

Oh my God, I haven't updated for a week, I'm getting lazy! More effort will be put in over this week... promise!

So much has been going on, that to be honest, I haven't had time to think about much! We got the mortgage offer through on the house, but they're retaining a small amount in relation to the quote we provided them with for the work that would need to be done. I called the estate agents on Tuesday morning to make them aware of this fact, and for them to request the vendor reduces her asking price in accordance with this retention figure. Thursday afternoon, and guess what, still no answer from the estate agents. I have left 5 messages with them and finally was allowed to speak to the lady dealing with our property only to be told she knew nothing about this. Grrrr. So anyway, she has until tomorrow. Or I will scream! If she says yes, we have nothing to stop us completing now. She could, however, say no. It was a high quote. She could get the work done herself and then provide us with the proof it's been done, but then that's another time issue, so keeping our fingers crossed that she just wants to take the easy route and says yes. It's only £1000 which in the grand scheme of things isn't a massive amount for an easy life. Our solicitor had said she'd been pushing to exchange, so hopefully hopefully she'll agree and we'll still be in in April!

Pregnancy wise this last week - heartburn has come back, in fact I have it now. And I've started craving mint choc chip Cornettos. Can I find any in any newsagent I go in though? No! They're all manky old half chewed, or melted and then re-frozen ones. A supermarket trip this weekend might be in order this weekend me thinks!

Also got quite emotional over silly things recently. Yesterday, went to the toilet at work, and the person before me had used all the toilet roll without replacing it. This is no major issue as there is a new roll within 30cms, but them not having done it themselves made me burst into tears! Then I had to stay half an hour late at work which set me off yet again. Later in the evening I got some really bad personal news about someone close to me, and I didn't cry - I don't get it. That made me feel even more guilty.

And speaking of loo's - wow, reallllly struggling with sleeping all the way through at night time. I'm up at least twice a night now needing to wee, but also wake up anyway and go back to sleep straight away, but very aware of having woken up.

Here is Babycentre's rundown of week 30... "Your baby now weighs 3 pounds / 1.3 kilograms and measures about 17 inches / 44 centimetres from head to toe. In boys, testicles descend from near the kidneys through the groin en route to the scrotum. In girls, the clitoris is relatively prominent because it's not yet covered by the still-small labia. These will grow to cover it in the last few weeks before birth.

Your baby's head is getting bigger, and brain growth is very rapid at this time. Nearly all babies react to sound by 30 weeks.

Your baby's nutritional needs reach their peak during the third trimester. You'll need plenty of protein, vitamin C, folic acid, iron, and calcium (about 200 milligrams is deposited in your baby's skeleton every day), so eat foods rich in these nutrients. The skeleton hardens even more and the brain, muscles, and lungs continue to mature."

Bump pix tomorrow or the weekend!

No comments: