Tuesday, December 30, 2008

10 Weeks + 3 Days

We had a lovely Christmas - Louis really enjoyed himself and I think this was the first year he 'got it', well part of 'it' anyway! I daren't say it really, but my sickness seems to be starting to ease, and can feel lots of stretching around the sides of my tummy and boobs. Only a week until the midwife appointment, and hopefully will get to hear the baby's heartbeat. I think it will all feel a little more real then. I guess because I don't have as much time to just sit and think about things as we did before we had Louis, I still can't quite believe we're having another baby! That said, I did order a baby blanket and some shoes from No Added Sugar yesterday because there was a good sale and I didn't want to miss out!

I took a bump pic today. I'm sure it's not really this big, maybe its because my pyjamas are so skin-tight that you can really see it... anyway - this is me and my little baby :)



And in old-pregnant-with-louis style blog fashion, this is what Babycentre says about week 10;

The fetus is only about 1.2 inches / 3 centimetres long from crown to rump and weighs less than a sixth of an ounce / 4 grams. Even so, it's busily swallowing and kicking. Each day more minute details start to appear, such as fingernails and peach-fuzzy hair.

The vital organs -- the liver, kidneys, intestines, brain, and lungs -- are fully formed and functional, while the head is almost half the length of the entire body. The forehead temporarily bulges and sits high on the head, but later will change into a more human-like feature.

If you could take a look at your baby this week, you'd be able to see the clear outline of his spine. Spinal nerves stretch out from the spinal cord.

Your uterus is now the size of a grapefruit. With the help of a Doppler, a hand-held soundwave stethoscope, you can hear the fetus's rapid heartbeat -- one expectant mother likened it to the sound of tiny horses galloping.

And after reading that it's a bit embarassing why I have a bump that big when my baby is only 3cms big!?

No comments: