Thursday, December 22, 2005

15 Weeks Pregnant

Today marks the big 1-5 weeks! I'm feeling pretty good - no more nausea, getting bursts of energy every once in a while, and I keep waking up just before my alarm goes off feeling very awake, so it's all good! Only thing I wish I could change is my spotty face, back and chest. I've bought a Lemslip Butter Bar from Lush because it's meant to be good, so I will have to let you know how I get on with that.

I've been wearing my new maternity bras, they are SO high up in the chest and under the armpits - they kind of limit what tops you can wear! I've had a look about on the net but few places seem to do a DD, and lot's of the bras in the 'maternity' ranges are actual nursing bras which I don't need quite yet!

I went out this morning and had a look in Topshop Maternity for anything I might be able to wear this xmas - nada. Then, walking past Jane Norman I saw a lovely aqua/teal jumper dress so I bought that which I can wear with jeans and some gold sandals and accessories. I can't believe xmas is only 3 days away, it doesn't feel xmassey yet! It's the last day of work now until 3rd January - bliss!

Other changes are the bump is a bump at all times now! Before, it used to get bigger at the end of the day - but now it's big all the time. Here are my 15 weeks pics (taken yesterday evening)
Babycentre has this to say about week 15... "Crown to rump, your baby is around 4 inches / 10 centimetres long and weighs one-and-three-quarter ounces / 49 grams. The body is now growing faster than the head. This week, its parchment-thin skin covers itself with lanugo (ultra-fine, downy hair that usually disappears before birth). Though eyebrows are beginning to grow and the hair on top of the head is sprouting, this hair may change in both texture and colour after birth. About now, the fetus can grasp, squint, frown, and grimace. It may even be able to suck its thumb. Researchers believe these and other movements probably correspond to the development of impulses in the brain."

No comments: