Friday, February 10, 2006

Mixed Up Notes

I woke up with a sore throat and earache this morning. I know I probably would have beek ok as the day wore on at work, but I just couldn't face getting dressed, and sitting in bed sounded like a much nicer option. I feel a lot better now thanks to the rest I've had.

The Nappy Wrapper arrived from Mothercare, and the cardigan and nappy hanger from Vertbaudet along with their new catalogue which has kept me busy for part of the day!

My Nan came round with a Freeview box she'd bought but couldn't get to work in her tele, to see if it worked in mine, and it does! So she's let me keep it - woo!

Jack and I got a curry for dinner to go with our quiet night in which is just what I fancied.

I spoke to my Mum on the phone. She was telling me that she'd been to give blood today, and we got onto the subject of blood types. I told her I was B Rhesus Positive, which she said she didn't think I was. It says so in my maternity notes, and she asked me to check because she thought I was something different. So I went and looked, and sure enough, it said B Rhesus Positive under my blood type. I was reading through all the rest of my results, when I noticed something about a blood transfusion, so I looked again, and noticed I have someone elses notes mixed in with mine! Two of the sheets have someones elses name, address, dob, patient number and results on them. I am so mad.

There is a summary sheet detailing all my results - now I don't know which of these results do actually relate to me. What if I needed a blood transfusion and they gave me the wrong blood type? What if my triple test results are different? What if the blood they sent off as mine wasn't actually mine? Who has my results? What if this has affected them in a bad way by being given the wrong blood etc? Will they give me the right baby once I've given birth?

I'm going to call the midwife first thing tomorrow to try and get this sorted. I think I'd rather have all my tests done again to be sure.

No comments: