Monday, April 10, 2006

Nestings Started

Saturday morning we got up early to go to Ikea. We saw lots of things we liked and got lots of inspiration. We've found the dining table, chest of drawers and mirror, and some furniture for the baby's room. Didn't buy anything, but wrote it all down so once we have the place we can go go go. I really thought I was going into labour at one point when we were in there though! Lucky there were loads of beds and chairs all over the place, had a chance to compose myself. Maybe that's what Braxton Hicks are like?

On the way home we popped into the bookies to have a flutter on the Grand National. I put £2 each way on Nil Desperandum, and it came in 4th! So I won £22! Wish I'd put more on now!

We met up with our friends to go to a German Fair which they had said their town was holding. It was pants - about 5 stalls in total, and probably only 2 German people there! When I asked the 'Dutch Cookie Man' if they had any Mohn Kuchen (a lovely German poppy-seed cake), he looked at me like I was a nutter and said "nah". The beer tent only sold beer and had no heating, and we were the only people in there, so stayed for one then went.

We found a lovely Indian Restaurant for dinner - realllllly realllllly nice, it all tasted so fresh and delicious, and was gorgeous inside. And us ladies got given a rose when we left - definitely be going back there again!

We stayed round at our friends house, but now we are early risers, we decided to get dressed and go and do something with the day. We went to Macro and got more inspiration and more ideas - there's so much that we need! Again, didn't buy anything but it was good. Went to Pizza Express for lunch which was yummy but not as yummy as usual and normally I can polish off 3 courses in there but just about managed 1.5 yesterday.

We came home and watched Mr & Mrs Smith on DVD - it was ok, but very long. Then I think I got the nesting bug, I just had to clean and tidy and sort! I even got the bottle of polish out on my bedroom mirrors and scrubbed and scrubbed! Even this morning I got all my clothes out on my bed for me to put on before I went to get washed!

No comments: